Sunday, April 5, 2015

My Tried and Trusted (aka favorites)


Some old, some new, these products are a safe bet. Some more expensive than others but all worth the purchase. 

Let's start with Estee Lauder´s Automatic Eye Pencil Duo, in jet black. This is my eyeliner of choice. If you are looking for an eyeliner that works perfectly well and that is easy to use, your search may be over. I've been using it for years and years. You can buy the refill cartridge once you run out of color, I'm using my fourth one and counting. It's so creamy and soft it glides on like butter. This eye pencil comes with a smudger on one side and you never have to sharpen the tip, I don't know exactly why, but I just never need to sharpen it. To me it's the perfect eyeliner.

La Roche-Posay Toleriane Dermo Cleanser. The fluid milk texture works very well with my normal to oily skin. Since it's free of preservatives and fragrance it is especially good for sensitive skin.  
Please note that I am not at all knowledgeable of skin care so, for that, I recommend following the queen of skin care... Caroline Hirons ' blog and her You Tube channel for expert advice, or your dermatologist. I only know this has worked very well with my type of skin. I have really been enjoying washing my face with this cleanser in the mornings and in the evenings. 

Whenever I wear make up, I use La Roche-Posay Physiological Micellar Solution . I do a double cleanse. First, the micellar water, which is great for the eyes also, then the fluid milk cleanser. This mild cleansing water is beautiful to use. It's hydrating and you don't have to rinse it. I usually do so, and then apply my moisturizer. It's paraben free, soap free, colorant free and alcohol free. It is, again, for sensitive skin. You will be surprised at how well it takes all the dirt and make up. It is that good! Plus,it has a very, very! mild floral/clean lovely scent.  

I'm sure you've heard about the great, the one and only... Hand and Nail Cream by CaudalieIt absorbs in less than a minute. It leaves no residue, yet your hands feel nourished and silky soft after use. This hand cream is hard to top. It's made of very good quality ingredients, 98% natural, and it smells fresh and sophisticated at the same time. I cannot recommend this one enough.  In fact, I can't get it where I live so every time I travel, I make a point of bringing a new tube home with me.  


This favorite/empty, Lancome Hydra Zen Nuit has been such a treat to wear every night before bed. It is quite expensive, so I am still trying to find one to replace it. I haven't had any luck so far...will report back if I do. There is something about the scent. It smells... flowery and calming. It is also very moisturizing. The next morning your skin looks different, in a very good way, very nourished. 

My very good friend that works in the cosmetic industry recommended me a local brand. So, I purchased a hand scrub from them. It's called Smily Hands :) Hand Repair Scrub by VZbathandbody, I use it mostly when my hands need  extra care or when I do a full manicure at home. It's hydrating and leaves my hands extra soft and smily :)

Now, onto nail polish. These next three Essie polishes are great for spring and summer or whenever you please, actually. Mint Candy Apple is a fresh, understated, pastel, polish color. 

Splash of Grenadine is just a fun, beautiful, fuchsia pink very much inspired by essiebutton. I wore it on my manicure blog post, if you are interested.

Ballet Slippers is simply elegant.

These three nail polishes are all I wore during this past month.

What are some of your favorite colors to wear on your nails during spring? Do you like darker colors or just pastels during this time of the year? 
What are some of your favorite products? I'm curious to know!



*Not a sponsored post. All product were bought by me. Links are not affiliate.

Post a Comment