Friday, April 10, 2015

My YouTube Driven Purchases


Do you buy things because of YouTubers' recommendations? I do! And almost always these are good products that don't disappoint me at all. 

Don't you find it interesting, how YouTube has become so important to our decisions when buying things? I like to think of this as a shift in how publicity, brands and people are communicating. A change for the better. 

You see, to me You tubers are the perfect blend between publicity, entertainment and honesty. Yes, honesty. I know this may come across as being too naive. However, I believe that traditional publicity can be deceiving, whereas many YouTubers prefer to be honest about brands and products in order to keep their subscribers and followers' trust. 

So, while I was doing all this thinking, ( I could continue chatting about this very interesting phenomenon, but I'll spare you the details) I decided to show you some of the products I bought thanks to different YouTuber's recommendations. 


I'd like to start with Essie Button. She is a Canadian, living in London. Fun, down to earth, fun and fun. Did I say fun? I just enjoy watching her videos and vlogs with her boyfriend Aslan and dog Reggie. The products you see in the picture were all recommendations by her. And every single one is good! 

I heard about her from Chelsea Wears who, is a unique YouTuber. She has very interesting and particular appreciations of products and things. Chelsea also runs a retail business called Anomie  and she is extremely real, brutally honest about products and very cool.























MissJennFabulous is the first one I found when I discovered YouTube a few years back. I was searching a specific nail polish and found it. I also found many others, as you can see in the picture! Essie's Mint Candy Apple, and Turquoise and Caicos are my favorites for spring now. OPI's Mrs. O'Leary's Barbecue is one of her favorites, so I gave it a try and liked it. It is a great quality polish that I use mostly during fall and winter.

She specializes in nail art and really knows her nail polish! Everything I bought with her seal of approval worked. Ignoring the fact that she makes nail polish look good because she has the most gorgeous hands, I liked every one I got.























Rachhloves, also Canadian, makes fun videos, with beautiful editing, and very useful information about products and reviews. In one of her happy videos, all of hers are, she reviewed Sally Hansen's miracle gel nail polish, and the top coat you see in the picture. Can you tell I like blue nails?


















I heard of Amelia Liana through Essie Button. At the time, she was wearing Maybelline nail polish and she was saying how good they were. So, I bought one and tested it. Excellent quality at a good price! You see? Good recommendations! Not one disappointment. This is valuable information, YouTube! :) 





















Jenn G aka ellandemmco is very stylish and sweet. She designs beautiful jewelry and has a great taste for home decor, clothes, and of course, nail polish. She first mentioned OPI's Lincoln Park After Dark in a video. Later on I saw Lisalisad1 wearing it. That's how I knew it was going to be a good purchase. Lisa has a very soothing voice, plus she has a southern accent, so the combo results in relaxing videos in my book.





















TiffanyD has made me spend some money through the years, as you can see. But I liked every single one of the products. Hand Food by Soap and Glory is a lovely hand cream that I buy whenever I travel. The same happens with The Healthy Deodorant by Lavanila.  Again, great recommendations. Oh, and one more blue nail polish: OPI's Dating a Royal.



























Leighannsays swears by Wet and Wild nail polishes and Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains. Tried them, liked them. Also, she likes anything holographic, which is why I added holographic looking nail polish in this picture. I trust her opinion on products, so her videos are reminiscent of a friend letting you know about great finds, plus she answers most of the comments!

These are all reliable YouTubers who, more often than not, can give good recommendations and save you time and money. I will mention a few more in upcoming posts, if you are interested.

Do you consult with others before buying products? Which YouTubers' opinions do you trust the most? Leave a comment and let me know.







Post a Comment