Thursday, May 21, 2015

Parents' Happy Hour





Once you are a mom, priorities change, interests shift, and hours of sleep diminish dramatically! 

In my case, one of these changes was my appreciation of specific moments of the day. Have you ever thought about how many things you used to take for granted but now you definitely don't?

In the past, back when we didn't have children, I didn't value as much as I do now, simple events such as taking a shower, or having enough time to enjoy breakfast, (my favorite meal of the day) or even getting enough quiet time to think and breathe!

Being a parent makes you appreciate and value the little things like never before. Ironically, these little things matter so much, that they can change your whole day for the better.

This is why we cherish relaxing moments us mamas! One of these quiet times and my happy hour I basically live for, during the day, is the glorious hour when my two boys are in bed early, bless their souls! Ha! This is when I still have time to drink tea (actually any infusion is fine as long as the house is quiet) with my husband, in my pj's, (very important), while reading a book or watching our favorite show. Hands down the best part of the day and moment of daily glory!!

The simple things...I even had a short conversation on tweeter about this with Mummy in Training. She was going through the same moment in the UK, while I was writing, she said "...Sam in bed early, pj's on..." And when I tweeted back she answered that it was bliss! What an accurate word to describe it!

Last night it was just cookies and earl grey. But sometimes it looks like this.



Or like this.







What's your favorite moment of the day? What's your daily happy hour? If you don't have one yet, I highly recommend creating one for you today! It can improve your outlook on the day!






























Apparently my Instagram feed is full of these moments! 

P.S. Tiramisu recipe and 28 roles of mothers




Post a Comment