Monday, May 11, 2015

Perfect Nails for 5 Days



If you are looking for a nail polish that lasts for a week, this range by Revlon could be one to look for. I used a combination of three products: base coat, color (two coats) and top coat that are reasonably priced and worth trying. 



A few months ago, Essie Button mentioned how much she liked Up the Ante, Colorstay Gel Envy, by Revlon. It's one of those easy going colors that you can wear year-round. It's pretty and suitable for every season. So, during one of my browsing visits to the pharmacy, I saw it and got it. Again, You Tube made me do it. Thanks EsteĆ©! 

This nail polish can last for a week, 5 days in perfect conditions. After that, tips start wearing out gradually. This is how it looked on my nails by day 7. 



I used: Revlon Colorstay Gel-Smooth Base Coat, Up the Ante, and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Top Coat























I'm pretty sure that the combination of this gel base coat, which is good and sticky, together with this anti-chip top coat have helped it last longer. However, I've used these two in the past with different nail polishes and they didn't last as long as Up the Ante. If you have tried any other colors in this range by Revlon, please let me know in the comments. Do they stay perfect for 5 days as well? 




P.S. 10 steps to a complete at home manicure, My tried and trusted (aka favorites), About getting manicures and liking polished nails 















Post a Comment