Thursday, June 4, 2015

How to Make Hummus



























Easy as pie...even easier. 

Place the following ingredients into a food processor.

2 cups of rinsed and drained chickpeas (canned or previously boiled)
1/2 teaspoon of salt
the juice of one lemon
2 Tablespoons of olive oil
2 teaspoons of tahini ( a sesame seed paste )
1 cup of water
1/2 garlic clove chopped

Process until creamy. Done! 





















You can add spices to the mixture, however, this basic recipe is how I make it for me. Hummus is not a favorite among other members of my family but I really like it as a healthy snack. The downside is that I end up eating the whole thing myself during the course of a week or less. 



It's the perfect dip with carrots, celery, roasted tomatoes or with other raw vegetables. It goes well with meats and you can also spread it over toast or just a slice of bread. Hummus with nachos is a winner though.

I recently posted on Instagram  a short video of this quick process of making hummus, if you are up for a time lapse kind of adventure. 

Do you like hummus? 

P.S. Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution and The Easiest Goulash Sauce



Post a Comment