Monday, June 29, 2015

Malbec Nails

























"Malbec", as in Argentine Malbec wine, which happens to be the perfect color for our nails. Rimmel London captured this shade to a tee. 

If you are looking for a very dark red, elegant, chic, and perfectly wearable polish, look no more! This is it! It's another nail polish classic, especially for fall and winter, although it looks great year round. 

Rimmel London Lycra Pro, professional finish, 394 Red Award is my standard go-to and absolute favorite "Malbec" nail polish color.





















If you are in the US you can also find it at Walmart for $2. The bottle comes with a precise brush that helps a lot with application. Whenever I use this brush I rarely find myself cleaning mistakes. 

Although it says "up to 10 days", I can only wear it for 4 days in perfect conditions, without chipping, after that, I have to remove it, which is fine. I'll take it anyways, 4 days with this gorgeous color on my nails sounds good to me!

The following are other similar options. Be warned, they are different and more expensive. Very pretty, but not the same to the one and only Rimmel London one! 

Mrs. Olearys bbq is the closest in color, only lighter. The other one is Lincoln Park After Midnight, which is darker and it has more purple in it, but very beautiful...























Which one is your favorite? Do you have a color that you go back to every year? Which one is it? Let me know! I'm taking notes here! Thanks!



P.S. Perfect nails for 5 days and 10 steps to a complete at home manicure.







Post a Comment