Thursday, July 30, 2015

Picky Eaters Approved: Veggie Terrine (Microwave)























Let's see if our picky eaters fall into the trap! Muahahah! 

Veggies are pretty obvious here but there are two ingredients that will help us with the taste. Eggs and cream. Needless to say it's delicious. 

Remember to use the one bite rule. They have to try this at least once before they say no. They may like it! 

This dish is good for babies too, starting at 9 months old. Please ask your pediatrician first, but I gave my kids this pretty early on.

This is what you'll need.























Slice and chop veggies as small as you can. Like this.























Cook them in the microwave oven since it's the best cooking method you can use if you want to retain all the vegetable properties.

Put veggies in a covered container with a bit of water and put them in the microwave oven for about 3 minutes or until cooked.

Whisk the eggs with the cream and parsley.























Add veggies. Mix them in...






















Pour the mixture into a previously sprayed or buttered cooking dish.






















Cook in the microwave oven for 5 minutes. Check at minute 4 in case your microwave cooks faster than mine!



My kids like this and it's a great way to introduce veggies to their diet. It's good for us parents too! 

Salt and pepper is something I add now to the raw mixture, but I remember when my kids were younger I used a lot less salt. So, depending on the age of your little picky eater you will decide the amount of salt that you want to add.  

Hope they like it! Let me know!


P.S. Spinach tart that my kids love and super extra delicious lemon brownies. 


Post a Comment