Saturday, September 19, 2015

My Favorite No-Bake Birthday Cake




This past Monday it was my eldest son's Birthday. He is 11 now! I was worried about this while making it, but luckily, everything worked out fine.

This cake is the one my kids have asked for their birthdays ever since they were able to speak! It's my favorite too. The thing is, I have a weakness, and it involves cookies. I love cookies. I know, it's not the most healthy of cakes. That is why, we only make it when birthdays come.

You'll see how easy it is to make and if you go ahead and try it, you'll want to make it for your own Birthday.

You'll need:
  • Chocolate cookies: about 36 ounces of chocolate cookies (or more)
  • Dulce de leche : Get a kilo to be safe.
  • Yogurt or Whipped Cream: about 20 ounces
  • Strong coffee or warm chocolate milk to dip cookies, depending on your taste. If it is for kids I would go for the warm chocolate milk. If it's for adults I would dip them in coffee!!

How to make it:

Start by estimating how many cookies will fit your dish.






























Dip them in chocolate milk for about a minute.

























Notice how I arranged the cookies lengthwise. Next layer has to be placed horizontally, so that the cake can resist many layers. 

Now, mix dulce de leche with yogurt or cream, your choice.
























Spread the dulce de leche mixture and then put previously soaked cookies on top.
































If cookies don't fit quite right, simply cut pieces to fill in the gaps. It'll all be covered by the spread so, no need for perfection seeking here.

























This is how it turned out. This one had 4 layers of cookies. As you can see it is very rudimentary but so delicious! You can adhere chocolate sticks to the edges, or m&m's, or simply nothing. 




















These are the square portions...























So here it is, the reason why there's never cake leftover after my kids' birthdays. Absolutely everybody loves this chocolate cookie no-bake cake around here!

Have you ever made a cake like this? I'm curious to know!




You may like: How to make Palmiers and Healthy Blueberry Muffins Recipe.




Post a Comment