Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Do You Dread Your Current Workout Routine? Yoga May Be The Answer For You.



After my recent encounter with nasty, old bronchitis, I decided to make a few changes. One of them, was to quit the gym, for now...indefinitely. I know, it doesn't sound right, but read on my friend, I promise it gets better.

If you read my ridiculously simple trick to get motivated to go to the gym, you know I wasn't particularly excited about the prospect of working out. Basically, I was dragging myself there every other day.

This dragging, coupled with the realization that we should take advantage of good health (bronchitis free in my case) and really enjoy it, and appreciate it, made me see that whenever we are lucky enough to have good health, we have to honor it. Our time and health are precious.

In other words. Do stuff that you enjoy! Hate working out? Find the kind of workout that suits your preference, something that will work for you as a whole. Yes, I'm talking about body, mind, and spirit; not against the latter. Forcing myself to stick through loud music playing classes was completely against it. So, long story short...I started doing Yoga.

Thanks to the lovely Vivianna does makeup  who recomended it, I found this equally lovely, warm, and real ( as in human real) Yoga Teacher who has a YouTube channel called Yoga With Adriene. Her videos inspire me to follow the classes almost every day. 

The best part? That is, besides Adriene's beautifully soothing voice. I don't need that ridiculously simple trick to follow her, plus it feels waaay better before yoga, during and afterwards!

If you are one of those people that suffer through the whole gym experience, like me, give Adriene's videos a try. They work.




P.S. Cultivating Well-Being: An Antidote to Anxiety and Your Thinking, Your View of The World.









Post a Comment