Friday, November 6, 2015

OPI Hawaii Mini Collection (Not a fan)




I recently received various gifts (this and this among others!) from a lovely lady, aka my mom! Knowing that her daughter is a nail polish connoisseur and aficionada, she did the obliged thing and bought the Hawaii Mini Collection by O.P.I.


























Long story short. I did some swatches, analyzed and concluded, even though I'm not a pro at it. This is simply a consumer point of view, you know! 

I have to say, I wasn't impressed with this particular collection. Have you seen it? What do you think about it?






















Out of 6 colors, this one below was the one I liked the most, although I'm not sure I will wear it very often. May be once in a while, just for fun.



















This Color's Making Waves is a green/blue shimmer that took too many coats to look good. If a color requires more than two coats I'm generally not wearing it. That's just how it is. 

This beautiful pink, Suzy Shops & Island Hops, is a gorgeous color...however...it's SO STREAKY!! You've been warned. It took 3 coats and it still needed touch ups. 




Aloha From OPI was easy to apply. Opaque in two coats. The color didn't impress me. The thing is, I have a few colors like that, and for the price I always expect special and different colors from O.P.I. May be my expectations are too high with this brand.





















Go With The Lava Flow is the star of the show, I think. It's different from the typical red in that it has golden and silver flecks. If you are into that then this may be a good color for you. Not for me though. I like it but not that much. I'm being picky today! What do you think? 


If you want to wear a cream violet shade on your nails, then Lost My Bikini In Molokini is a great color to have. Perfect opacity and application. 

That's Hula-Rious! is a nice color. However...it's a bit chalky and streaky to apply. 

So, apparently this collection was not my cup of tea. Have you tried any of these colors? Do you agree with me or disagree with me? 




You may like these posts: A great cherry red nail polish, A beautiful brown nail polish, A stunning blue nail polish




Post a Comment