Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Back from the Beach! Our Vacation: Punta Del Este, Uruguay.



I'm back after a two week break. The beach was fun and refreshing. It's so interesting to see how spending a week (or even a weekend) somewhere else, on vacation, can reset your thinking and charges your whole system with new energy.

It's safe to say that I had a very relaxing time...



We stayed at Solanas Green Park in Punta del Este. Beautiful place with gorgeous parks and quite a few things to do. 



One thing though, next time I'd prefer going to a place where, at least, breakfast is served daily. Going so often to the supermarket was not on my plans for this short vacation. But, I'm not complaining, we managed...we did go out for lunch every day. The housewife in me was very happy about that. 



We played paddle, went to one pool with warm water and to another one with a big slide. 






















My boys even learned to play pool!

















Uruguayan beaches are beautiful. Vast and clean with medium temperature, clear waters. I filmed a few short clips and posted them on my Instagram account herehere, and here, if you'd like to see.

There's a huge beach with very little, to non existent waves, called Playa Mansa, and another one, with bigger waves, called Playa Brava. My boys always chose Playa Brava to brush up on their surfing skills. 


Do you remember I told you to keep your eyes peeled for a sunset pic on my Instagram? Well, I thankfully got one. Tada!!


Punta del Este is a very easygoing beach town but, at the same time, it's one of those places where celebrities from all over the world, eventually, stop by.

It can be either sophisticated, or homely, and simple. Your choice. There's even a Trump Tower under construction (?). It sounds ambivalent but, this part of the southern hemisphere, is family friendly and it also has a worldly night life.






















Did you have a nice holiday break? Hope you had a great start to 2016. If not, we always have time to turn it around, right?

Stay tuned for more posts coming up! 


P.S. A visit to the Museo de la Plata, Buenos Aires and The World of Coca Cola




Post a Comment