Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Yoga For Anxiety And Stress



For today's post on How to Practice Mindfulness, I thought I'd share what I've discovered and confirmed a few months ago. Yoga helps reduce anxiety A LOT. Since "a lot", although accurate and true, doesn't sound too professional, descriptions with more medical terms regarding this issue can be found in this excellent article by the Yoga Journal.

I've already written about how my yoga practice has benefited my overall health immensely and why I stick to it. This time, I want to share a video with a yoga sequence, specifically made for relieving anxiety. 

If you are looking for a short breathing exercise that will help alleviate anxiety, please pay attention to minute 2:00 (ish) where Adriene (from Yoga with Adriene) explains the "alternate nostril breathing" technique. Tried and tested by me!

Hope you find it helpful!














Post a Comment