Friday, August 26, 2016

How I Incorporated La Roche-Posay SPF Into My Make Up Routine + Video






































Behold my new purchase! Actually, the one in the picture above, is for my mom who has dryer skin and doesn't care for tinted SPF. It was a good find. It's a cream but not heavy or dry, like many sunscreens. The application is very similar to a moisturizer. Win!
















































These are all the sunscreens I bought through this past year. My biggest finding is that #3 doubles as a nice coverage foundation!

1) Anthelios XL 50+ Matte Extreme Fluid: (I use it as an illuminating primer) The first La Roche-Posay sunscreen I ever bought. Still going strong! I was looking for a liquid texture, that wouldn't leave my face looking like a disco ball. This one is perfect for that. It leaves your skin as matte as it can possibly be. 

Perfect for normal/combination to oily skin. The only downside is that you end up looking a bit like Casper, the friendly ghost. But then again this is what makes it a great illuminating primer! If you will be wearing makeup, why not wear this one after your moisturizer, and before your foundation?

2) Anthelios XL 50+ Tinted Dry Touch Gel-Cream: (I use it as a foundation) I only bought it a few weeks ago but never stopped using it ever since. A mousse-like texture with a genuine tint. It's matte and anti shine. Perfection with a pump! The scent is a bit perfume-y but nice, plus it goes away during the day. So it's still in the perfection category...

3) Anthelios XL 50+ Non Perfumed Cream: Perfect for a dryer skin. Feels like applying moisturizer. Very soft and creamy, not tinted but it doesn't leave you looking ghostly either! Such a find for dry skin.

4) Anthelios XL 50+ Tinted Fluid: (I use it as a lighter tinted moisturizer)  Gives a tinted moisturizer effect without the shine. It's not as mattifying as #1 but in my opinion this SPF is still good for a combination skin because it's a bit drying and very light.

Have you ever tried any of these sunscreens? Which one is your favorite? 





















Post a Comment