Friday, October 13, 2017

Teachers Advice For Parents


A few months back, in a school gathering, teachers greeted us parents with coffee, a croissant, and this beautiful note. 

When I read it I immediately felt content, and confident in that my kids were going to the right school. The note is in Spanish but I hope I will try to translate it as accurately as possible. It goes like this...



When Educating Our Children, All Exaggeration is Negative


Answer them, don't inform them.
Protect them, do not suffocate them.
Help them, do not do everything for them.
Love them, do not idolize them.
Walk by their side, don't carry them.
Show him the danger, don't frighten him.
Include them, don't cut them off.
Encourage them to dream big, don't discard their hopes and ideas.
Don't demand perfection, ask them to be good and show by example.
Don't lavish all your love to them, surround them with love.
Don't just say "go do your homework", provide a study environment.
Don't build a Castle for them, live naturally.
Don't tell her how or what they should be, be who you want them to be. 
Don't live for them, live with them.
Remember, your children don't listen to you, they observe you...


I thought I'd share this because as a parent I feel that I need these reminders from time to time. Do you? Thoughts? Comments? Let me know what you think. 


P.S. If you would like to read more about this particular subject. Read this article from The Guardian, it's a good one! 

No comments: