Sunday, February 16, 2020

Thinking About Overcoming Learned Helplessness in Patagonia






















Upsala Glacier

Estancia Cristina

Summer in Buenos Aires is not the best plan if you ask me. It's humid, it's hot. 

We had 42 degrees Celsius a couple of weeks ago. 

Or should I say, they had, because I was vacationing in the end of the world when that happened. (Thank you God)

"La Patagonia" is simply amazing. 

More on that in today's video

Right before visiting the glaciers in Calafate, and Ushuaia, the last city before the map ends, I reached 10 thousand subscribers. My Spanish speaking channel has grown to my surprise, at quite a rapid rate. 

This got me thinking about learned helplessness (somehow... maybe because of my own experience) and how important it is to get unstuck, to stop procrastinating, to go back to movement and progress. 

But HOW to overcome learned helplessness?

Specifically because trauma makes us feel stuck, and unable to move from words to action. 

Here's one way to Make It Happen

1) What do you want to do? or wish you could do? 
Write it down.

2) Analyze your possibilities. As realistically as you can. That includes not buying into the Inner Critic's demolishing world view.

3) Write how you feel about it. This last part will clarify things for you A LOT. 


Try that. 

Let me know! 


No comments: