Sunday, August 30, 2020

Let me Give You Some Unsolicited Relationship Advice & Other Musings.






















Experience is the best teacher. Sometimes it hurts but you just know that the lesson will be learned. 

Brutal and effective.

However, when you are young and indecisive about what path to take, good advice could potentially change your life for the better without having to go through the hurtful experience.

So here's my grain of sand.

When it comes to relationships, there's one concept that can guide you through decision making, and that's self-respect. 

When in doubt go to self-respect.

Am I respecting myself by agreeing to certain decisions? Or by allowing certain behaviors? Am I respecting myself when I say yes when I really really really want to say no?

Self-respect means that you put yourself in the picture. Your wants and needs are very important and have to be heard. It also means that when your emotional needs aren't being taken into consideration, through action and true change, you have a right to start thinking about walking away. In fact, I hope you do so.

Bare with me while I present you with four videos! Two in English and two in Spanish. Spanish here & here. English here & here

The main take from these videos is self-respect, stemming from self-esteem, self-love, and self worth. I hope you can, not only watch them, but take what YOU need from them.



No comments: